Monday, February 12, 2024

The Camino Again?

That's right! Rosemary and I will make another pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, this time on the Portuguese Camino and will start in Porto in Portugal. John, why again?

First, the challenge. The Portuguese Camino from Porto (260 km) is twice as long as from Sarria to Santiago (115 km). We will also be walking an average of 20 km a day versus 10km during our first Camino. A fantastic challenge! Second, only Rosemary and I will be walking this time. We feel that this will give us more time to reflect on our path and on ourselves. The longer walking days and overall distance will also provide us with that extra time. Finally, we look forward to starting in a country where we do not know the language and have not visited in over 30 years. We are both eager to learn about another culture and language. We have been practicing our Portuguese on Duolingo the last two months.

Every Thursday until we depart, I will post about our preparations, including YouTube videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWhvHexA3qh2nPY6Ik2WH8g

1 min video of last camino:



I hope you find my information helpful and that my journey inspires you to take your own.

My book From Sarria to Santiago: A 10 Day Camino With Family and Friends is available on Amazon.com here:

Subscribe for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment