Saturday, June 22, 2024

Camino Portugues Itinerary

16 Days and 343 kilometers later, we have completed the Portugues Camino from Porto to Santiago de Compostela!
343 kilometers?
"But John," you say, "most guidebooks say the route should only be 260 kilometers." That would be true, if I was a bird, had food delivered to my albergue, and never veered from the Camino to explore the beautiful towns and cities we passed through. Even if we did those things, we did walk a couple days on the coastal route, then cut over to the Central Route, took a side trip to Bom De Jesus in Braga (in a taxi from Barcelos), then walked and boated the Spiritual Variant, and finished back on the Central Route. Here is our itinerary, with mileage per day:



Over the next few months, I will write blog posts or upload vlogs taken on our May Camino as I work on my next book. If you are planning your own Camino, I hope you find the stories and information helpful. If you are not planning a Camino, I hope you find my stories entertaining and perhaps insightful as we met many interesting people, overcame a myriad of challenges, and saw amazing sights.

Buen Camino!
P.S. The link to my about about our first Camino, From Sarria to Santiago: With Family and Friends, is at the top of the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment